Saturday 10 February 2007

SNAPSHOTS. An explanation.

You have to bear in mind that all this happened quite literally a lifetime ago, and that I was very tiny at the time. Many of my memories are hazy, disjointed snapshots. The order of things is jumbled. Life didn't make much sense to me back then, never mind to a stranger trying to look back on it through my words at this sort of a remove. I sit down to post on this memoir and draw a blank more often than not, and the teasing out of detail is a long and painful process.

There are parts of the story where I truthfully cannot picture the detail at all, just a series of events. The reasons for those events elude me, but the emotions are as sharp as if they were yesterday. At those points in my story, perhaps the best thing to do is to simply offer up the aforementioned snapshots and hope that you will reach some kind of an understanding in whatever way you see fit.

This is one of those points....

No comments: